Managing the COVID-19 crisis in the workplace
This online course is a collective set of informative data, concepts, theories, and practices that target managers and corresponding positions who have encountered challenges in managing the COVID-19 crisis in the workplace. The course is specifically designed to teach managers and organizations about managing their staff and resources during a pandemic crisis.
Upon the successful completion of the course, the student will become familiar and be able to:
- Understand the background of COVID-19 and its emergence
- Understand the factors that facilitated the rapid spread of the disease, and the measures required to keep safe
- Understand the social and economic impact of the pandemic
- Learn how to effectively manage decentralized teams
- Learn how to approach remote working as a manager
- Explore the current technologies that facilitate productively, and secure remote working
- Understand the Business Continuity principles
About this course
COVID-19 has led many managers to quickly embark on remote management without any training, which has presented them with various challenges. As a result, some managers may find their role more difficult than before, making their employees’ lives more stressful as they struggle to adapt.
This course is designed to give managers the confidence, skills, and techniques they need to effectively manage their team members when working remotely. In addition, students will learn practical and useful tools and techniques for leading and managing teams remotely.
“The secret of crisis management is not good vs. bad, it’s preventing the bad from getting worse.”Ken Matos