Business Etiquette and Professionalism
Success in any industry relies on relationships, whether with colleagues, customers, suppliers, or investors. When you are well-mannered and considerate in your dealings with others, you create engaging, productive, and long-term business relationships. Therefore, it is essential to learn not only the technical side of a business but also how to behave in the company of others.
This is where etiquette comes in in business. This online course will introduce students to business etiquette and provide guidelines for practicing business etiquette in different situations.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Learn ways to minimize nervousness while in social situations.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
- Understand the protocol in ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol in a business meal, paying the bill, and tipping.
- Understand basic guidelines in the use of the telephone, voicemail, and cell phone.
- Learn how to differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black-tie dress code.
- Understand basic guidelines in international etiquette.
About the Course
Throughout the “Business Etiquette and Professionalism” online course, students will learn to apply good business etiquette, which will strengthen their credibility. Colleagues, customers, and prospects are more likely to respond well to individuals who dress professionally and always treat them with respect and courtesy. Conversely, sloppy business etiquette can be detrimental to business relationships. In addition, this online course examines various aspects of business etiquette, such as business networking, proper application of meeting protocols, meal etiquette, applying business etiquette internationally, and much more! Upon the completion of this course, students will be equipped with the right skill-set to ensure they stand out from the competition!